Subject: Getting started on a EBSA-285
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: None <dusty@rsc.rockwell.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/15/1999 18:55:35
I'm interested in getting NetBSD up and running on an EBSA-285.  At this point
my hardware consists of solely the EBSA board and a PCI backplane with no
devices installed.  I can't seem to find a binary installation kernel on the ftp
server.  Do I have to cross-compile the kernel to get my system running? If so,
could someone give me a pointer on where to look to get started?  I guess I
should also ask if it is possible to run a diskless system, with only a ramdisk
and/or flash filesystem.  Also, can I use angel to load the kernel into RAM?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dustin.

Dustin McIntire
Rockwell Science Center