Subject: Re: MEMORY_DISK_SERVER ?
To: David McConnell <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/15/1999 15:42:53
David McConnell wrote:

> Well we have a diskless application, so space is an issue so I'd prefer to
> exclude MFS from the kernel build and the mount_mfs utility (which I don't
> seem to be able to find source code for).

/usr/src/sbin/newfs

The newfs(8) program doubles as mount_mfs, since it has to create an FFS
inside the MFS... ;-)

> Also, I cant seem to get mount_mfs to work as I expect it to. I dont quite
> follow the man file explanation. When I do something like
>
> mount_mfs -T mdroot swap /mnt

Either of the following will work:

# mount -t mfs -o -s=8000 swap /mnt
# mount_mfs -s 8000 swap /mnt

These are identical, and will create an MFS mount roughly 4Mb in size
(8000 * 512 byte blocks).

Note that if you have "file-system MFS" in your configuration file, you
must also have "file-system FFS".

Cheers, Steve