Subject: Re: RiscPC ethernet yet again
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1999 11:33:10
> Matthias Scheler has committed a small change that goes some way to fixing
> the problems with the eb0 driver (see PR-8527). A very similar tweak can be
> used on the ea driver as well. To recap, since the 18th May the drivers for
> the EtherB and EtherIII have not allowed any inwards packets to proceed
> up through the stack. The fix substantially allows this work. However,
> problems still exist when using ipf.

For the ea card could you try running tcpdump on the interface to see if
that sees any packets. I had a case while hacking on the ne2000 driver where
the packets were coming in fine but were being injected into the network stack
misaligned causing them to disappear. The bpf tap shows everything that comes
off the wire regardless of allignment.

Mike