Subject: Re: XF86_S3V locks keyboard
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1999 13:12:08
On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 11:18:51AM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> fixes the problem. This is similar to problems with the old server when
> a getty was running on the same virtual terminal, however there is no
> getty running on /dev/ttyE4 (which is where the X server appears to reside).
Are you really sure that xdm runs on ttyE4?
I.e. do you start it with "vt5" (in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers)?

If I leave the vt option out, my xdm[3d] when started at boottime from rc
takes ttyE1. I guess, because it comes up before init has started the
gettys.

Before I discoverd the vt option I used to have
(sleep 2;xdm $xdm_flags)& in my rc, which worked as well.
(on /i386, but I doubt it matters)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.