Subject: Re: first time setup
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/09/1999 09:34:16
> On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 07:50:09PM +0000, Phil Hallows wrote:
> > the most recent one, whichever that is :)
> > i took a complete download of the 1.4.1 distrib and used that.
>
> I think that one still has problems..
> Try 1.3.2 from ftp.de.netbsd.org, or I could mail you one..
> Ups, just checked it, no more 1.3.2 on ftp2.de.netbsd.org. They
> cleaned up.. :-)
>
> Anyway, just try to get different ones from the ftp-sites and try
> them, too.

Unless they have changed recently the 1.4.1 install kernels are missing
the ramdisk image required for the install to work. However it should
still have booted and identified the hardware present in your machine.

http://www.black-star.demon.co.uk/files/

has install kernels for NetBSD-1.4K which have been successfully used
to install 1.4.1. I would recommend using 640x480 in 256 colours with a
60Hz refresh rate. This is the mode I use by default for my console and
I know for a fact that the install kernels above will boot and display
correctly at this resolution on my system at least. Others have also
used these kernels but I do not know what the display resolution they
were using.

Mike