Subject: handheld StrongArm SA-1100
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: William Beegle <beegle@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/08/1999 14:40:39
HP makes a "handheld" machine called the Jornada 820 that uses a 190MHz
SA-1110 processor.  It's a big machine (about the size of a traditional
laptop)  with 16M of flash ram, 640x480 VGA display, ports for VGA, USB,
Serial, CompactFlash, and PCMCIA.  More details at
http://www.hp.com/jornada/products/820/overview.html

Are there any efforts in progress to port NetBSD to it?  I saw mention of
the Psion 5 effort on the NetBSD ports page, and would guess that there's
a lot of overlap between these machines.  I'm not a good enough programmer
to do much of the actual coding, but I'm familiar with hardware and system
administration, and would be happy to assist as an experienced end user,
if that would be useful.

-William Beegle