Subject: Two questions ...
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Angelo Melis <angelo@kitt.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/1999 11:44:02
Hi,

Some time ago I installed NetBSD-arm32 1.4.1 on my RISC PC and after some
trouble with the install kernel I got it installed. And it works OK. I even
have access to the internet throu the Atomwide serial card.

But this weekend I tried to compile some stuff I downloaded and got some
problems. the compiler crashed with a signal 11 (????) and core-dumped.
Sometimes cc1 and sometimes cpp crashed. After deleting the coredump and
restarting the make process ... it all worked.

Today I tried to update some packages on my system and noticed the same
problems. But it is not only cc1 or cpp, but also pkg_delete or some other
program crashes with a signal 11.

My question is ... what is signal 11 ? And how can I make sure that this
doesn't keep happening, because it is annoying.

Secondly ... after booting ... I get an error from kvm_read (?) with an
illegal address (0x0). Is this something I must worry about ? Is it connected
to the core dump problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Bye,

Angelo