Subject: Compilation of glib v1.2.6
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/26/1999 19:27:51
Hello List.

I am trying to compile glib v1.2.6 under NetBSD v1.3a/arm32 until now
without much success.

First of all I do not know if this is the right forum to ask these
questions, but as I think my problems has more to do with the
NetBSD/arm32 platform than the glib, I hope you bear with me if I am
wrong. Here I go:

I first tried to build the library the standard way with

./configure
make

but the compilation stopped with an illegal (negative) offset error
when trying to compile testglib.c (I think, I am not 100% sure
anymore).

Then I tried the following

CFLAGS=-g ./configure
make
make install

and this time it compiles and installs without any problems. But when
I try to run any of the test programs I get a segmentation fault. If
I debug for instance testglib and single-step through function main,
it reveals the segmentation fault happens in the initialisation of the
dirname_checks[] = {...} struct of main.

Debugging testgdate reveals a similar segmentation fault when trying
to initialise the check_years[] = {...} struct in the main function
of testgdate.

So I am wondering if there are some problems with this kind of
initialisation in the NetBSD gcc compiler, which by the way is
v2.7.2.2+myc1?

Or do I have to make the glib library in another way?

Has anybody built the glib on the NetBSD v1.3 or v1.4/arm32 platform?
And if so, how?

Best regards
  Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: imm.it@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running NetBSD/arm32 v1.3alfa on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202MHz StrongArm.