Subject: Possible explanation of RPC hanging when rebooting...
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1999 15:46:24
Hi,

just noticed a very remarkable ``feature'' that might give a clue to the
hanging of NetBSD/arm32 on a RiscPC/arm7 when rebooting.

While compiling a test-kernel over NFS, it paniced in NFS code (first
panic in weeks/months) ... when I gave the command `reboot', it showed the
normal dump of spl_mask values followed by the syncing of the disks...
then however, instead of hanging it gave me a prompt back! the whole
system was functional, even the harddiscs etc.. it was still running
multi-user with all deamons up and running.

so I guess the hanging might be stack-frame related... or is it only so
when panicing ??

Hope it is a clue,

Reinoud