Subject: Quick 'newbie' question
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Juan Flynn <jjjuan@maths.tcd.ie>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1999 21:11:13
I've been using NetBSD/arm32 for some time now (over 2 years)
but recently I've been mucking about with the disks on my system
and want to do a complete reinstall of NetBSD (which is a bit
hodgepodge now having been upgraded from 1.2 kernel days).

However, I'm a bit puzzled with the installation instructions
in the NetBSD-1.4.1/arm32/INSTALL.html file. There is a line in
the 'Preparing your System for NetBSD Installation' which
says "read and perform the instructions in arm32/platform/prep"

I guess that this file will tell me where to get the latest !btRiscBSD,
how to partition my disks etc, application and also what I should do with
the 1700K ramdisk-141.fs image (previously I think I wrote an image to
floppy, used that as my root filesystem and started the installation from
there). So where is this 'prep' file and how do I use that ramdisk-141.fs
image?

Thanks in advance,
Juan.