Subject: StrongARM upgrade to rev. T (Was: Re: Imago?)
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1999 20:57:52
On Mon 01 Nov, Tony Beaumont wrote:
> As a follow-up to my previous message, I got no really new info at the
> RiscOS 99 show on Saturday, only a few reasons why certain things are
> delayed, so the situation is much as I suggested before.
>
> In our case we still need a Peanut (or some other RiscOS portable) as an
> upgrade from the A4 ASAP. Assuming that comes through in the next few
> months (if not, we may be phasing off the platform) we would look to
> upgrade from our present hardware with the PCI version of the RiscStation
> or the Imago board next year.
>
> Meanwhile, for those who want new hardware now, there are currently the
> 233MHz StrongArm, the 7500, the Mico, and the networked and 'lite'
> versions of the RiscStation to choose from.

At this point I think it is relevant to mention that Simtec is now
offering an upgrade of the StrongARM to rev. T for GBP 100 (incl.
VAT and UK postage).

If you would like this service, I suggest that you contact Simtec:
Simtec Electronics
Avondale Drive
Tarleton
Preston
PR4 6AX
GB
Tel: +44-1772-812863
Fax: +44-1772-816426

NOTE! If you are running RISC OS 4 and have a SCSI or IDE card, you may
      run into problems with a revision T StrongARM. RISCOS Ltd. are
      looking into this (http://www.riscos.com/).

I will consider this later on since I am running RISC OS 4 and have
recently bought a second-hand rev. 2 (K) SA-110.

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/