Subject: Re: Etherexpress works but Very Very Slow-New Good Clue!
To: , <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Dave McConnell <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1999 09:06:52
>Opps I'll fix that. I can confirm that this does not fix the described
>problem with the fxp driver (I've dug out a card).

No, it doesn't fix the problem. I tried it too.

At the moment what does fix it (with an unmodified "bus_dmamap_sync" ) is in
the fxp driver
(if_fxp.c) "fxp_intr" function, the first occurrence of "bus_dmamap_sync"
after "rcvloop:"
which is originally
bus_dmamap_sync(BUS_DMASYNC_POSTREAD|BUS_DMASYNC_POSTWRITE);

If ONLY this occurrence is changed to:

bus_dmamap_sync(BUS_DMASYNC_PREREAD) to force a cache purge before
processing incoming ethernet frames.

Then the driver works OK. For the time being, we are using the driver like
this.

Thanks

David