Subject: Upgrading from 1.3-ALPHA to 1.4.1
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Theisen <arcmt@uni-koblenz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/05/1999 11:45:18
Hi!

I am now using NetBSD-1.3 for two years on a StrongARM driven Risc-PC with
1MB VRAM and 32MB DRAM. As I read in some README's that the improvements of
1.4.1 over 1.3 seem to be "noticeable", I decided yesterday to upgrade my
(still...) running system. Now some questions to the installation procedure:

The README-File says that upgrading is not yet supported for the arm32-port.
Is that true or is it maybe possible to just overwrite the existing files
(except for /etc) with the new one's available via ftp?

If not, i.e. I have to reformat my harddisc, where are the new versions of
!BtRiscBSD (which has been renamed, I suppose), so that booting from RISC
is still possible. I suppose, that there are new versions of unixfs, too?!

Thanks for answering,

Marc