Subject: Re: Etherexpress works but Very Very Slow ?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McConnell <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/05/1999 11:36:47
I have been out of the office all week, but w.r.t. the very very slow
performance with ARM Netbsd and intel etherexpress (fxp) ether card, Bill
Sommerfeld had the following suggestion (amongst others):

>Hmm.  Could there be missing DMA or cache synch goo on the frame
>descriptors or something?  (either insufficient synch/flush calls in
>the driver, or insufficient flushes in the arm32 bus_dma
>implementation?)

Well, this morning I disable the caching on my EBSA 285 netbsd kernel and
suddenly the etherexpress (fxp) works!

I'm going to start looking at fixing this myself, but any ideas or "quick
fix" suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
David