Subject: Re: Imago?
To: Tony Beaumont <triffid@argonet.co.uk>
From: Tony Beaumont <triffid@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/01/1999 08:39:34
As a follow-up to my previous message, I got no really new info at the
RiscOS 99 show on Saturday, only a few reasons why certain things are
delayed, so the situation is much as I suggested before.

In our case we still need a Peanut (or some other RiscOS portable) as an
upgrade from the A4 ASAP. Assuming that comes through in the next few
months (if not, we may be phasing off the platform) we would look to
upgrade from our present hardware with the PCI version of the RiscStation
or the Imago board next year.

Meanwhile, for those who want new hardware now, there are currently the
233MHz StrongArm, the 7500, the Mico, and the networked and 'lite'
versions of the RiscStation to choose from.

Overall, the RiscOS 99 show was well attended on the Saturday when I was
there. Indeed, the platform seems remarkably resilient considering the way
that Acorn Computers Ltd dumped it last year. If anything, there are too
many new varieties of RiscOS hardware coming out for the fairly limited
user base to support them all. Hopefully, the end result of all these
companies' promotion will be to grow the market.

Tony