Subject: XF86_S3V server for CATS.
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/28/1999 20:31:49
Hi,
  For those of you who want to play I have put a new S3V xserver for CATS
running -current on line. This was built from the xsrc at the w/e. The
patches to the xsrc tree required to build this are also online for those
of you who want to build you own X sets. The patch is quite small but
still needs some work before I can intergrate it into the standard tree
(uses different I/O ranges than the shark).

They can be found at

ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/misc/XF86_S3V-CATS-19991024.gz
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/misc/xsrc-CATS-19991024.patch

So far I have not got other X servers running well. I have run S3
accelerated servers but they have proved to be unstable locking the entire
machine. The SVGA server can be build and run in generic VGA mode but
again I have suffered lockups when trying to get acceleration going so I
need to do more investigation.

Cheers,
				Mark