Subject: Maping flash!
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Johan Rydberg <johan.rydberg@netinsight.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/27/1999 14:21:42
Hi!

I'm using a EBSA285, and tries to map the flash segment (0x41000000)
into the kernel adress space (turns off cache for that area).

I have added the following to the l1_sec_table:

        { DC21285_FLASH_BANK0,                  DC21285_ROM_BASE,
            DC21285_FLASH_BANK0SZ,              0 },
        { DC21285_FLASH_BANK1,                  DC21285_ROM_BASE,
            DC21285_FLASH_BANK1SZ,              0 },
        { DC21285_FLASH_BANKW,                  DC21285_ROM_BASE,
            DC21285_FLASH_BANKWSZ,              0 },

Which results in the following memory map:

80000000 -> 85ffffff @ f7000000 		PCI
memory
41000000 -> 41ffffff @
fd000000
41000000 -> 41ffffff @
fe000000
41000000 -> 410fffff @
ff000000

But the new maped areas act as if they where normal memory.
Has anyone else implemented something like this?

We uses flash from Intel, and when I try to set the flash
into autoselect mode by writing 0x00900090 to the flash,
the flash responds with 0x00900090 when I try to read back
the vendor and flash type.

--
Johan Rydberg			johan.rydberg@netinsight.net
Net Insight AB, Sweden		direct: +46-8-685 04 17