Subject: Re: arm32/PLATFORM/prep missing
To: Andy White <andyw@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/21/1999 14:41:40
> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Andy White wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've downloaded netbsd for the arm32 platform, and it says in the
> > INSTALLATION.txt/html docs that preparing the install is covered in the
> > arm32/PLATFORM/prep file, but I couldn't see this anywhere.
> >
> > I may well just be blind, but a pointer to it wouldn't go amis.

Looks to me like the arm32 installation instructions didn't get built
properly. The 'arm32/PLATFORM/prep' is a reference to one of the 10 or so
file segments that the final INSTALL.{txt,html,more ...} file is built
from.

Assuming you're installing on a RiscOS machine, check the file:

	/usr/src/distrib/notes/arm32/prep.RISCOS

for details. (You may need to grab it from the -current source tree on
ftp.netbsd.org if you don't have 1.4.x sources available locally).

If the contents of that file don't appear anywhere in the INSTALL.*
notes, that's a bug and should be reported using send-pr(1).

Cheers, Steve