Subject: Re: Crashing on setup (netbsd 1.4) ("no inodes free")
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/20/1999 21:35:03
> > For reasons that I didn't bother to investigate, I can remember having a
> > problem when first installing and giving any name other than the default
> > ("mydisk" was it?).  Try that
>
> Unfortunately, that makes not difference. Thanks for the suggestion,
> though.

IIRC the 1.4 and 1.4.1 NetBSD install disks don't work correctly for arm32.

I am told (but I haven't tried it) that it is possible to install 1.4 by using
a NetBSD 1.3.2 install disks. I was trying to persuade someone on
comp.sys.acorn.misc to describe this process but I haven't seen a response yet.

Is there anyone that can generate 1.4 or 1.4.1 install kernels that will work
correctly since install problems are getting to be a FAQ? I would volunteer
but I am running NetBSD current.