Subject: Re: Crashing on setup (netbsd 1.4) ("no inodes free")
To: D Joy <dj45@linux.wincoll.ac.uk>
From: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/20/1999 21:00:51
> I am trying to set up netbsd on an Acorn StrongARM with 26MB RAM, 1.25GB
> HD. I have repartitioned the hard disk, using 200MB for RiscOS, leaving
> the rest free. I have set up the disk and leaded the installation kernel
> using BtRiscBSD. Everything seems to go fine at first; I can specify the
> NetBSD partitions etc. Then when I state that they are okay, it asks for a
> disk name. I tried to call it "holmoak". Then it brings up an error:

For reasons that I didn't bother to investigate, I can remember having a
problem when first installing and giving any name other than the default
("mydisk" was it?).  Try that, because the name is not really of
much consequence later - or at least, I've been using NetBSD for nearly
two years and never had cause to refer to it.

If that's not the cause, then maybe someone else will be able to help...

Cheers,

David.