Subject: NetBSD 1.4.1 on CATS
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/15/1999 18:02:35
I have just upgraded NetBSD on my CATS to NetBSD 1.4.1. Everything
seems to be okay but I have a couple of questions.

First of all, every few minutes the error message:

  ohci0: scheduling overrun

is displayed on root. Does anybody know what device 'ohci' is? It
is not listed in /dev and it is not mentioned in any file in /etc.
I only have the 1.3 kernel source and cannot find any references
to it in that. The message text 'scheduling overrun' does not
appear either.

Secondly, I do not seem to be able to mount a floppy disk.
The command:

  mount /dev/fd0a /mnt

fails with the error message:

  mount_ffs: /dev/fd0a on /mnt: Device not configured

fd0a is defined correctly in /dev as far as I can tell. 'ls -l fd0a'
returns:

  brw-r----- 1 root operator 17, 0 Oct 14 23:19 fd0a

and 'file fd0a' says:

  fd0a: block special (17/0)

I have tried running MAKEDEV just to be on the safe side but it
made no difference. I am not aware of anything else that you have
to do to define a floppy disk to the system. What am I doing
wrong?

Dave Daniels
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___   |  Free Internet E-mail and Usenet News  |
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | +44 20 8654 2212 +44 20 8655 4412/1811 |