Subject: Updated mpg123 player for strongarm.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/12/1999 13:03:55
Folks,

I've updated my fixed-point mpg123 player so that produces better
quality output (no annoying "pops" every now and then like the older
version did), but at the expense of CPU utilisation.  On a Shark, it
now uses about 30% CPU playing a 192kHz mp3 vs. around 17% for the
older, less accurate, version.  This one also has keyboard controls
for next song, last song, pause etc - look in term.h for the keys to
use.

Source and binary available in:

	ftp://melanoma.cs.rmit.edu.au/pub/simonb/mpg123-0.59r-arm32.tar.gz

To rebuild from source, use "make netbsd-arm".

Simon.