Subject: Re: Mozilla and no end
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1999 09:48:17

> Can you give a detailed description of your system?

It's a StrongARM RiscPC rinning a 1.4K current build with the 1.4 X
sets and the Xvidc-1 server. I did have mozilla working okay on my
system before moving to the current build. This was also at 16bpp.

> Sometimes an error message appears when starting mozilla:
> 'multple open of /dev/vidc0'
>
> Maybe there is a connection between this error message and
> the programs not displaying their window-contents?

You get this error when starting mozilla? I get multiple open of /dev/
vidcvideo0 during my X startup script when both setvideo and the X
server access the console at the same time.  If you do get error when
opening mozilla then somthing really strange is happening.

The only other difference I can think of is that my system has been
tracking current since 1.3 so I may have a more up to date version of
some library than someone which upgraded from 1.3-1.4 using the binary
distribution.

Mike