Subject: Re: 'warning : no /dev/console' at bootup
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1999 10:16:11
Hi Jan-Uwe

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> The above happens after freshly installing NetBSD/arm32-1.3.2 from a
> CD-ROM on my second IDE-Disc. It's a RPC600 with a ARM610 in it.
> The whole disc is used for NetBSD.
> The installation goes smoth, without any errors, even a
> /mnt/dev/console exists (I checked before rebooting!).

Wierd... although I saw this error before, but then /dev/console wasn't
created... I generally use a `cd /mnt/dev/; ./MAKEDEV all' when booted in
the installation kernel to get over it! It creates all the devices and
assigns the correct device numbers etc. to them.. Maybe the device number
on the installation image is incorrect.... or the device numbers aren't
preserved during untarring. Anybody any ideas?

Cheers,

Reinoud