Subject: status of wscons / rcons
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/02/1999 20:17:11
Hi folks,

it's been a while since I heared from project ``wscons''. Has it been
abandonded for NetBSD/arm32 ?? I would like to work on it, but need some
clues.

I've looked at the NetBSD/i386 and included the kernel build options in my
config file, but `config' complains about not being able to connect a
wscons device to vidc* (or the like). Also compiling with `rcons' gave
just linking errors; couldn't find the console calls :-))

What's needed to get it to work..  i.e. what are the difficulties? One of
the big benefits would at least be a more complete vt emulation...

AFAIK, there is some work done on a newer(?) faster version of wscons. Is
this the `rcons' ?? What's it relation with wscons ??

Do we ever get a platform independent console ? As far as I understood
``wscons'' would be the way to accomplish this, but since NetBSD/sparc nor
NetBSD/arm32 seem to support it.... Or is this planned for release 1.5 ?

Would a general `todo' list be easier on the homepage?

No critic intended, just worried...

Reinoud