Subject: Re: Mozilla and no end
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Wennmohs <Frank.Wennmohs@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/02/1999 09:51:52

Hi all!

In message <199909290828.JAA49471@yates.mpc-data.co.uk> you wrote:

> > I recently installed the Mozilla binaries available at the FTP site on my
> > RiscPC.  However, nothing is displayed.  I gather that this is a common
> > problem, and was wondering whether anyone has come up with a solution yet.
> > Alternatively, are there any similarly-specified browsers which work under
> > NetBSD/arm32?
> >
> I gave them a try and they seemed to display things for me. This was on the
> 1.4 VIDC X server running at 1024x768 16bpp.

Can you give a detailed description of your system?

With an installed NetBSD1.4.1 I tried the following:

1.) Using the binary Xarmvidc (as coming with the binary distribution)
    in 8bpp, 16bpp

2.) Using the binary Xvidc-1

3.) Recompiling X from 1.4.1 source
    and using Xarmvidc in 8bpp, 16bpp

None of the above worked.

Sometimes an error message appears when starting mozilla:
'multple open of /dev/vidc0'

Maybe there is a connection between this error message and
the programs not displaying their window-contents?

fw

--
Another gem from the ZapEmail default mail signatures file.
Emacs is a nice operating system, but I prefer UNIX.  - Tom Christiansen