Subject: Re: LKM's on Ebsa 285
To: Dave McConnell <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/30/1999 17:46:42
> When attempting to load an LKM on ebsa 285 I get the following:
>
> ~# modload /usr/lkm/nullfs.o
> [u]vm_fault(0xf010bee8, 0, 3, 0) -> 1
> Unhandled trap (frame = 0xf352ed10)
> Data abort: 'Permission error (page)' status=00f address=00000000
> PC=f401893c
> Stopped in modload at   0xf401893c:     strt    r8, [r10], #0x0201!
> db>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> David

I'm not sure if this is related to your problem and I haven't tried LKMs,
but I've been told they don't work on arm32.  The problem is that the
kernel modules need to call back into the kernel and use 'bl', but they
are often loaded further away than can be reached by this instruction...

I've no idea whether this has been fixed.  Is anyone successfully using
LKMs on the ARM?

Richard.
f anyone knows the best way to get a 1024 by 768 X server on a 1.4.1 Shark, I'd appreciate knowing how. I seem to be stuck at 640 by 480. Steve Rose