Subject: Re: BEWARE: SA-110/21285 users - possible problems!
To: None <brucem@cat.co.za>
From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/29/1999 18:24:02
>I recently received the thread below, after some serious searching for
>solutions to our DMA problems - if you use the above combination of chips in
>any systems, please let me know if the thread below looks like a serious
>threat!

This is a general problem with any ARM system actually; it's not specific to
the SA-110 or 21285.  There is no provision for keeping the cache coherent in
hardware so you have to take care of it in software.  So long as the OS is
careful it should be no big deal.

A few other cpus (MIPS springs to mind) have the same kind of issues.

p.