Subject: NetBSD/arm32 FAQ update
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/29/1999 15:54:23
Hi Paul Wain,

Reading the FAQ, I saw that the piece on running X-servers on a RiscPC
needs updating.. In the NetBSD 1.4.1 release, there is a XF86 derived
Xarm32VIDC driver.

Extra tools for this X server are to be found in

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/misc/misc-src-riscpc.tar.gz

as reported recently by Mike Pumford. These include screenresolution
setting / keyboard stuff etc.

Also, could you put some information about the missing files in the
NetBSD/arm32 distribution for RiscPC in the FAQ ? Gives a better image for
newbies and a lot less line-noise on the mailing list. If the Linux
installation was installable <grin> I might have tried that one first if
NetBSD's failed.

Cheers,

Reinoud

P.S. I tried to mail you directly, but the address on the FAQ page bounced
:-((