Subject: Remote Kernel Debugging
To: ARM32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David McConnell <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/20/1999 17:43:20
I would like to try remote debugging of the kernel on the EBSA285
card.

I see the arm32 kernel config files only have an option for IPKDB (no KGDB).
When I configure a kernel to include IPKDB the kernel build fails due to
warnings in the ipkdb_ipkdb.c file. I could no doubt "fix" things to get rid
of the warnings, but I would have expected this lot to build OK without
fixing??

Also, how does one use IPKDB. GDB only seems to have an option to connect
via a tty. The gdb I want to use is gdb4.17 on an i386 machine running the
1.4 kernel.

I cannot seem to find any documentation whatsoever on this.

Thanks
David