Subject: Re: kvm_read: Bad address (0x0)
To: Marcus Pries <mpries@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/17/1999 19:30:59
On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 05:44:12PM +0200, Marcus Pries wrote:
> Starting my self compiled kernel (ARM600,RiscPC) I get the following message:
> kvm_read: kvm_read: Bad_adress (0x0)
rc runs dmesg somewhere, I guess you get the mesaage from dmesg.

> The same report I get when I do a dmesg and xosview says:
> xosview: kvm_read() of kernel adress0xf01bf664: Bad adress
Sounds like your userland and kernel is out of sync.
(Do you run a current kernel with 1.4.1 binaries?)

If this case you have to get sources as current as your kernel, do
a "make includes" and recompile/relink and install at least:
src/lib/libkvm, ps, top, fstat, dmesg...
(well, stuff that accesses /netbsd or /dev/kmem, is linked to libkvm etc.)

If you want to track current you may have to do this every time,
the letter in the kernel version changes. (AFAIK)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.