Subject: Re: Anybody running SCSI under RiscPC ?
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Kjetil B Thomassen <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/17/1999 09:08:47
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:

> Does anybody do this succesfully, at least somehow ?
> I just wonder, because I still would like to install NetBSD, although
> since several month there's no support for the Connect32-SCSI-driver,
> at least not in the install-kernels..
>
> Anybody out there who is working with that ? Or am I the only one who
> wishes to use that ?

The last thing I heard about the Connect-32 driver was that Mark
was struggling getting it to work with DMA, and as far as I know,
he never made it.

Therefore I have to conclude that the Connect-32 driver is no longer
working.

Personally, I am using a Power-tec SCSI-2 card, but that is not
very good either.

The main problem is that it is not possible to newfs a file system
with it. At least that was the case in 1.3.x, and I have not tried
1.4 yet. It may be working there, but I doubt it.

Also, UnixFS does not work with Power-tec either.

Further information about my setup can be found at:
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/MyRiscPC/

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/