Subject: Re: GDB problems - stepping through
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/15/1999 14:06:54
ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de said:
> I guess the flags have always been used shifted, which is why gdb
> didn't work formerly.

The code was changed in gdb-4.18 so that some of the low-level routines
could be shared with the Thumb routines.  Since NetBSD arm/gdb port uses
tm-armnbsd.h, but that is a clone of tm-arm.h with modifications (rather
than #including tm-arm.h and fixing up the undesired settings), it failed
to get this change in the import of the latest release.  This is another
reason why I'm working on a complete report of gdb, so that this problem
shouldn't occur again in the future (at least, it shouldn't be as
fundamental).

> I didn't hunt this down, as I tested it, it worked, and Richard
> Earnshaw normally knows what to do.

We are none of us perfect... :-(