Subject: Re: pmap: Cannot allocate physical memory for L1 (12)
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/15/1999 12:15:45
On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 10:35:45AM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 07:45:30PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> > > It is a known limitation but I don't know if there is an open PR on it. To
> > > reserve more space then you should specify a maxproc argument to the kernel
> > > at boot time.
> > How?
> It's a boot parameter you can set, on a RISC PC you type it into the
> options box and it magically gets passed to the boot program.  I've no
> idea how it's done on other ARM boards, though I'd quite like to know how
> you do it on a SHARK.
I guess the way that should always work is to compile a kernel with
a higher NPROC value (if undefined set to 20+16*MAXUSERS, see <sys/param.h>).

I've noticed that my settings in !RiscBSD were way to low -
(much lower than the defaults... (64 actually!!!) )
I never cared to look into it for years now... F*CK!

Thank you for  your help, maybe we don't even have a real problem here...?!?
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.