Subject: Re: SCSI-Installation still broken ?
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Tony Beaumont <triffid@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/12/1999 16:45:32
On 12 Sep, Jan-Uwe Finck <ju_finck@mail.netwave.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to install NetBSD/arm32 on a SCSI-disc RiscPC/SA.
> The 1.4.1-Inst-kernel is broken, and the 1.4 hangs when detecting the
> SCSI-discs.
> The older ones seems to suffer the same..

> Any idea anybody ? Or did someone have success with this ?

> It's an Connect32-SCSI-card BTW.

I have never had any joy getting RiscBSD to work with my system (200MHz
StrongArm RiscPC), which uses a 24 x SCSI CDROM drive, a Cumana SCSI2 card
and has a host of other SCSI peripherals. I could install an earlier
version (1.3 I think) on the reserved portion of my main IDE hard drive,
but never subsequently access it from the HD or configure it, so I gave up
and won't try again until SCSI is properly supported.

If anyone thinks I will have more luck with the 1.4 or subsequent version
please let me know. I am _not_ reconfiguring my main working system to
suit what would be for me a hobby OS.

Tony