Subject: Can't find arm32/"platform"/prep
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: J.Bland <J.Bland@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/06/1999 16:30:50
Dear all,

  Just decided to have a go at installing NetBSD/arm32 on my Risc PC. Looking
in the installation instructions it all seems reasonable but the part about
preparing your hardware (hdd mostly) keeps refering to arm32/platform/prep
files, but I can't find them on the ftp server at all. Where are they?

My hdd is already formatted to leave ~1GB spare which was then partitioned
for ARM Linux (which decided it didn't want to boot) and now just has the 1Kb
linux table on it. Presumably this is ok to stick a NetBSD partition on, just
after the linux table (can't delete it)?

Also I don't think it boots on RISC OS 3.80, but I can drop to 3.70 again for
running BSD.

Other than that I have the sources sitting on a linux box on the ethernet
waiting to be installed, I just want to be sure of my hdd before potentially
trashing it ;).

John.

--
 John Bland                            Webmaster and Ph.D. Research Student,
 M.Phys (Hons) Grad.Inst.P              Condensed Matter Physics Department,