Subject: Installation difficulties on A7000+
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: David Boddie <davidb@dcs.st-and.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1999 14:43:11
Hi everyone,

I'm having difficulties getting NetBSD-1.4 to install on my A7000+.

I reinitialised my standard IDE drive with HForm then ran the bb_riscbsd
utility to initialise the BSD partition.

I'm using the A7INST kernel with v2.88 of the bootloader with the
following options:

#!BtRiscBSD
kernel: ADFS::HardDisc4.$.NetBSD.A7INST
rootdev: /dev/wd0a
screenmode: X1024 Y768 C256 F60
other: ehbug
riscosfs: ADFS
riscosdrive: 4
ramdisc: 0K
maxproc: 64
flags: symtab
cpuflags:
pmapdebug: 0
videodram: 1024K
vidc.mode:
vidc.bpp:

This gets me into the installation procedure where I specify the
standard+X distribution and the disk name.

Immediately after this, the installer exits with the following errors:

uid 0 on /: out of inodes

/: create/symlink failed, no inodes free

Could not open /etc/disktab

sysinst terminated.

Is this a problem with partitioning, or have I done something else
incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,

David
--