Subject: Bulk removal of old emails, etc
To: None <support@argonet.co.uk>
From: Tony Beaumont <triffid@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1999 11:09:35
I have !Voyager 2.05 which is working okay. However, I have two irritating
problems which predate the change.

The main one concerns the bulk removal of old emails which piled up when I was
offline for a while. It is simply too slow and tedious now to remove them
individually. I have saved any I want to keep to a separate location, so I can
remove everything still in the mail box. How can I go about this without
damaging anything?

[I sent an earlier version of the above query a week or so ago but never got a
reply.]

My second query concerns Internet sites, notably acorn.cybervillage.co.uk which
I cannot update. I press the recycle button (the U-shaped arrow) but it only
updates from the local cache. Moreover, it always reverts to the opening screen
of the cybervillage site, even when what I'm trying to update is the news.

In my attempts to bookmark the news pages, I have currently acquired half a
dozen bookmarks which all refer me to the cybervillage title page. How do I get
rid of the duplicates? And is it even possible to bookmark the news pages
without accessing the title page?

I'm not sure whether the problem is due to !Voyager, whether the Cybervillage
site itself is the cause, whether something I have is corrupt or whether it is
an interraction of the two with my system (200MHz StrongArm). Of course other
bookmarked pages are retrieved from local cache, but they can be updated from
the live site with the recycle button.

Many thanks in advance for your attention.

Tony Beaumont
Triffid Enterprises Limited
email: triffid@argonet.co.uk    or    triffid@compuserve.com
--