Subject: Re: Shark, 2nd ether?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Mark Hayter <mdh@sibyte.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/18/1999 08:39:21
ISA to PCMCIA is easy (I have used Cirrus CL-PD???? chips before), and
PCI to PCMCIA/Cardbus is also a single chip these days. Id probably go
the ISA route, I don't think there would be much performance gain on
shark using PCI. There might be a Vpp generation problem, but Maxim used
to do handy pcmcia vcc/vpp switchers that had a charge pump built in and
connected directly to the Cirrus parts.

Actually, an ISA UMI with two PCMCIA slots might be the way to solve
many of the "I want to plug an X in to my shark" problems. I wonder if
we made the panel cut-out big enough? One for CGD's list maybe.

Mark