Subject: Re: NetBSD/arm32 fails to boot with RISCOS 4
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/10/1999 18:44:16
  MB> The solution may be to switch to SVC mode for the writes to
  MB> the page tables if the code does not already do that. The

Unfortunately the page tables are no longer at that address so
it is not just a case of switching to SVC mode.

  MB> alternative is to modify the way the dynamic area is
  MB> allocated (via a handler) so that specific virtual addresses
  MB> are used or to use a separate RISCOS call to modify the page
  MB> tables directly (if this can be done).

It all sounds rather hairy but somebody is going to have to sit
down and sort it out. Is anybody apart from me affected by it?
Is anyone else planning to go to RISCOS 4?

Dave
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___   |  Free Internet E-mail and Usenet News  |
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | +44 20 8654 2212 +44 20 8655 4412/1811 |