Subject: Qt-lib on NetBSD/arm32
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/08/1999 17:13:13
Hello there.

Has someone compiled a successful version of Qt-lib v2.0.1 from
www.troll.no? If so, will that someone please tell me how s/he
did it?

If noone build a version of Qt-lib until now, can someone hint
at how I could go on trying to find the error(s)?

I have finally completed the compilation (it took almost a day),
but all the example-programs abort with segmentation faults.

During the compilation I also sometimes got an error, for instance
when making the wizard-example, the last part of the compilation
looks like:

ld: moc_wizard.o: RRS text relocation at 0x5124 for "__vt$10QDropEvent"
ld: moc_wizard.o: RRS text relocation at 0x5180 for "__vt$10QDropEvent$11QMimeSource"
ld: moc_wizard.o: RRS text relocation at 0x5184 for "__vt$10QDropEvent"
cd xform; make
/usr/local/qt/bin/moc xform.cpp -o xform.moc
pure virtual method called
*** Error code 255

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

When I restart the make process, it runs again for a while until the
same error (pure virtual method called) occurs for another source.
But issuing enough make commands eventually compiles all the sources.

I did the compiling with the following commands

./configure (which sets the target to netbsd-g++-shared)
make

I am using NetBSD v1.3alfa and g++ v2.7.2.2+myc1. At the moment
I am not very inclined to upgrade NetBSD to a newer version.
Last time I upgraded to v1.4 I found out that neither Netscape/Mozilla
nor xemacs v20.3 worked leaving me without any usable connection
to the internet.

I have an earlier version of Qt-lib (v1.33) which compiles without
any error, but this versions example-programs also abort with
segmentation faults, both when using shared and non-shared
versions of Qt-lib.

Needless to say that Qt-lib v2.0.1 compiles and works without
any problems on my Intel Linux Redhat v5.2 system.

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: imm.it@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running NetBSD/arm32 v1.3alfa on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202MHz StrongArm.