Subject: Re: NetBSD/arm32 fails to boot with RISCOS 4
To: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/07/1999 13:28:56
Dave Daniels wrote:

> I have just installed RISCOS 4 and it looks to me as if !BtRiscBSD
> no longer works. Every attempt on my RiscPC to boot NetBSD fails
> with the message 'Dynamic area already exists'. Has anybody else
> seen this? I am using BtRiscBSD version 2.88.
>
> It does not end there. UnixFS is broken by the upgrade too. I
> reformatted my RISCOS partition to use the new format and attempting
> to mount my NetBSD partition now fails with the following messages:
>
>   Outside partition
>   Unknown partition type
>   Bombing out...
>   10
>   Unknown partition type
>
> Please don't say 'download an update from...' as I cannot get
> on to the Internet as RISCOS 4 breaks Voyager as well...

Then how about asking whoever does it these days to break RISC OS 4? I
have not noticed any documentation relating to changed APIs or
describing incompatibility and suggested changes like in previous
releases of the OS, so I suggest you ask them to fix that operating
system rather than this one.

	Neil