Subject: Cumana SCSI / CD ROM problem
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Levitt <Simon.Levitt@uk.worldpay.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/03/1999 11:24:42
Hi all,

I've just got round to upgrading my aging 1.2G NetBSD/arm32 to the 1.4
release, and now appear to have a problem with either my SCSI card or
the CD ROM attached to it. Other that everything went as well as could
be expected - GCC seems a lot faster! Well done guys.

When I try and 'mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom' I get the
following errors:

cd0(csa0:0:0): cannot allocate scsipi xs
cd0: not queued

The error message comes from line 117 of
src/sys/dev/scsipi/scsipi_base.c (CVS source from this morning), but I
don't know where to go from here.

Sometimes after this the next filesystem related command will cause the
machine to freeze (seems to happen after any subsequent mount command
as well).

Relevant lines from the boot sequence:

podule0 at podulebus0 : Cumana : SCSI 1 Interface : CDFS & SCSI
Expansion Card
cas0 at podulebus0 [podule0] : host=7, using 8 bit PIO, polling
scsibus0 at csa0 : 8 targets, 8 luns per target
cd0 at scsibus0 targ0 lun0 : <SONY, CDROM CDU-561, 1.7X> SCSI2 5/cdrom
removable
probe(csa0:0:1): illegal request, data = 00 00 00 00 25 00 00 00 00 00
st0 at scsibus0 targ2 lun0 : <ARCHIVE, VIPER 150 2153, -004> SCSI1
1/sequential removable
st0: rogue, drive empty

I'm assuming the the probe line is reporting that the system couldn't
find target 1 (which is correct).

I've just moved house, and haven't managed to find the box with the
tapes for the Viper to see if that works.

Any ideas?

Simon.,
       Simon Levitt, Consultant/Software Engineer @ WorldPay plc.,
    The Westbrook Centre, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG,  ENGLAND.
Simon.Levitt@uk.worldpay.com  Ph:+44(0)1223 715151  F:+44(0)1223 715157