Subject: Re: Which xserver for 1.4 release?
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Steve Hobbs <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/06/1999 15:56:05
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Chris Cowdery wrote:

> > There's recently been a new RISCPC X server made available, called Xvidc1
> > I think and it's at  /pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/testing/Xvidc1.gz.
>
> That's the one to get. Don't bother with the Xarm33 one as you need to
> fiddle around and get a different xfonts set and rgb.db I think.
> It's more convenient to get Xvidc.

OK, hopefully it works better than the other Xvidc from that folder, which
just freezes the machine...

I still can't get login to work, so am running single user. Should X be
happy like that?

Cheers all.

--

Stephen Hobbs.
e-mail: ee95seh (at) brunel.ac.uk

Just graduated in Elec. Eng from Brunel Uni.