Subject: Misc. drive questions
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Hobbs <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/05/1999 12:51:00
Seems like the day for lots of questions, so...

Has anybody had success using Philips cd writers under netbsd/arm32?
I have a drive which will mount under RiscOS, but not under BSD. Nor will
cdrecord-1.6.1 work with it. (problems with scsi over ide support?)
The drive works fine under Linux btw.

I recall some time ago there was a question about DOS format zip drives -
should they work now under 1.4?

If the above is true, does that mean that the Cumana SCSI1 support is less
than perfect? My machine hangs totally when trying to mount, or disklabel
the zip.

Lastly, has anyone else had difficulty with logging in after upgrading to
1.4 using the sets on ftp.netbsd.org? I can only startup single user,
because the login always fails. I cannot use passwd as it always claims
the passwd file is busy, even though I cannot find any lock files...

Thanks,

--

Stephen Hobbs.
e-mail: ee95seh (at) brunel.ac.uk

Just graduated in Elec. Eng from Brunel Uni.