Subject: Re: netbooting a CATS board
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/26/1999 02:00:04
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Edwin Foo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had success netbooting a CATS board? If so, I'd like to hear from
> you. I've gotten to the point that the CATS firmware will successfully send
> out a bootp request and use tftp to load the kernel, but I'm at a loss as to
> how to (a) configure the kernel and (b) give the right paramters to the
> "call" command in the firmware.
Hi,
  I do this quite a lot. Ok sounds like you have the dhcp/tftp side of
things sorted.
What command are you using to load/boot the kernel ?

You should just be able to do somehting like

boot ne0:

which should load and then run the kernel so you should not have to worry
about using the call command.

As to the kernel config. If you just want a kernel that will mount nfs as
the root filesystem them you just need to make sure that NFS is configured
and the config line the config file reads something like

config netbsd root on ne0 type nfs

Cheers,
				Mark