Subject: Re: Bugs ? and comments!
To: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/20/1999 11:28:22
Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl> writes:
> Since I run NetBSD, I've found a few minor, but sometimes frustrating
> `features';  some maybe small bugs, while others maybe the result of some
> louwsy configuration from my part (ahum)..

In general, if you find bugs, you should send-pr them.  (as it seem
you've done, though with a bad mail configuration, for the 'ea0'
malfunction in -current that you've noticed.  I fixed the from and
reply-to lines in the PR.  They were Bogus, and unreplyable.)

> Well, where to start... well, one of the `small bugs' is that my keyboad
> sometimes generates `^@' characters. I dunno how to trigger this, but
> pressing a key stops it. It looks like a sticky interupt bit? The
> characters are generated at auto-repeat speeds and are inserted into the
> buffer; i.e. pressing backspace deletes them...
>
> Next, my ea0 card keeps generating the error `ea0 : device timeout'
> whenever it's quiet at my network. I've seen the source, and it turned out
> to be a fix for rx-lockups.... well, eehh. does it really has to be a
> LOG_ERR? How do I prevent this error being printed on my console? Verry
> irritating when typing a message/editing sourcecode!

These sound like decent things to send-pr.

> Finally (for now :-)) : how do I get NetBSD that far that it recognizes
> the cursor keys and page-up/page-down in programs, say `less' ?

I don't know all of the magic here, but it involves termcap's entry
for your terminal type, among other things.

you might look at what your keyboard emits for the arrow keys and your
terminal's termcap entry...

If it's a standard configuration, send a PR.

cgd