Subject: Re: CATS 1.4 boot problem
To: None <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1999 22:32:00
>I've finally managed to get my CATS board to boot the 1.4 kernel and get to
>a shell prompt, but I still can't mount /usr or cd into /etc. running mount
>results in it dying with some sort of syscall problem. cd'ing into /etc
>makes sh die the same way. I still don't have any idea as to what is going
>on. Has anyone else updated their CATS board this way and gotten it to work?

I upgraded to 1.4 two weeks ago by compiling from source.

Once I had worked out the correct order to build the toolchain and
libraries everything worked fine. Getting the order wrong caused core
dumps and unimplemented syscall errors while trying to build things,
since the wrong versions of shared libraries were being used.

Robert Swindells
Robert Swindells     - GenRad Ltd
rjs@genrad.co.uk     - Work
rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk - Home