Subject: CATS 1.4 boot problem
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/15/1999 19:24:52
Hi all,

I decided to take the plunge and update our CATS board to 1.4. I newfs'ed
the drive, then untarred all the sets and kernel on it, using another
machine (i386). Then I stuck the drive back in the CATS box and booted.

The kernel boots, but hangs right after it says "root file system ffs" or
something similar. All the devices seem to probe okay. Did I do something
wrong? This approach worked fine with the October 1998 1.3.2 distribution
that came with the CATS board when I tried it last year.

-Edwin

----
Compaq Computer Corporation - Corporate Research
Cambridge Research Laboratory
http://www.crl.research.digital.com
(617) 551-7612 (Phone)
(617) 551-7650 (Fax)