Subject: Re: RiscPC & Xserver testing
To: Dave <dave@largesalad.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/03/1999 15:20:38
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Dave wrote:

> Hmm, I downloaded the source for setdisplay and the compile barfed, being
> unable to find the file /usr/include/machine/opt_cputypes.h, referenced from
> /usr/include/machine/vidc.h. I cured this by doing ln -s
> /usr/include/machine/cpus.h /usr/incude/machine/opt_cputypes.h and it compiled
> without problems (should this be corrected in -current source?).
This has already been fixed in currently. The latest version of vidc.h has
a guard on the opt_cputypes include so that this is only included when
building a kernel.

> However, when trying to change to 16 bpp, 'setdisplay -x 800 -y 600 -c 16 -m
> /etc/monitors.conf' , it complains about (from memory) 'multiple open of
> /dev/vidcvideo0 by <process no>'. Any ideas anyone?

Ok the multiple open is actually a warning that can be ignored. That after
than you should find that when Xvidc launches it is using a 16bpp mode.

Cheers,
				Mark